A new report ranking the nation’s largest 3 dozen or so cities is out- it is the first one to be published. (You can view it at: http://aceee.org/local-policy/city-scorecard). Looking at five different areas, the report also includes recommendations and strategies for all cities to lower energy use, including:
- Lead by example by improving efficiency in local government operations and facilities.
- Adopt energy savings goals.
- Actively manage energy use, track and communicate progress toward goals, and enable access to data on energy usage.
- Adopt policies to improve efficiency in new and existing buildings.
- Partner with energy and water utilities to promote and expand energy efficiency programs.
- Adopt policies and programs to lower transportation energy use through location-efficient development and improved access to additional travel mode choices.
Take a look and see what’s interesting!